new? start here
supplies you'll need
the basic steps
help & more info
symbol & color meanings
where do I...?
find egg designs
list my workshop
pysanky coloring pages
original dye recipes
legends & traditions
of further interest
pysanky gift ideas
ann's gift shop
updated MAR 06 2013
Ukrainian Recipes: Pidpenyok - Mushrooms with Sour Cream
Hot off the Grill: Family Favourites", the Parish cookbook for 2003 from Holy Ghost Ukrainian Catholic Parish in Sydney (where my family comes from).
The following is the most popular way of preparing either wild or cultivated mushrooms. Sour cream adds a delightful flavor to this dish.
- Clean, wash, drain, slice mushrooms.
- In skillet pan sauté onion in butter, add chopped mushrooms, cook on medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Blend the flour with some of the cream to make a smooth paste, stir in the remaining sour cream, add to the mushrooms. Cook, stirring until mixture boils.
- Add garlic, spices, except dill, lower heat simmer for 5 minutes, cover skillet with lid.
- When ready to serve stir in dill. This dish is good with Kasha, holubtsi or potatoes.
Back to Recipes
|top • home • sitemap • contact|
|site & designs created, maintained & copyright © 2012 by ann morash.|